Rack'em Up, Shoot'em down
Welcome to the Land of the Morning Calm. Korea is full of beautiful sights filled with mystical images. Aside of all the amazing scenery and historical landscape, the Armed Forces Pool league brings 8-ball and 9-ball billiards to you.
Starting 2013 we will offer 8-ball on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This will allow more people to play who can not attend Thursday night league. Basically we will have a few divisions on Tuesdays and a few divisions on Thursdays. For the playoffs, all divisions will merge. Mondays is 9-ball. All start times are at 7:30 pm till late into the night. We offer an established environment to fulfill any Billiard Jockey’s inner desire to play pool on a weekly basis. Although this league was established in January 2012, the administrator has been running a billiard league since 2004.
The league is primarily a supporter of the United States Military members stationed overseas in South Korea. We also establish a cohesive network with the Korean business owners outside of the military installations so that there can be a unity between Koreans and Americans.
We invite you to join our league and begin a new adventure into the world of drunken billiards. Our aim is to have a good time and lessen your burdens for the year that you find yourself stationed here in Korea away from family members and friends. Let us be your new friends.
Our main customer base consists of US Armed Forces and Korean Nationals within the Osan Airbase, Suwon Airbase, USAG Humphries and Songtan community.
The current league administrator is Marq
What We Offer
- Membership League Coins for each member and MVP pins for each team.
- Food discounts at Pizza/Gyro, Yung Koo Cheese Steak, Cherry Boys Grille, Casabella, and Teresa Filipino Restaurant. All down Aragon Alley and Subic Bay Restaurant off the main strip across from the Korean Bank.
- One point of Contact for any and all league related issues. You don't need to guess who can answer your questions. Its always the same guy.
- Rules and Guidelines set by the general membership via Captain representation.
- No funds will be carried over to another season. All funds will be spent on the current members for the current season.
- Midseason Tournament and End of Season Banquet/Tournament with plenty of door prizes, cash payouts, food, drinks and fun.
Captain’s Meeting Schedule
Meetings are all scheduled for the first Thursday and Monday of every month unless otherwise stated. Events that may push us back from having a meeting during the specified date could be military functions that hinder the majority of the captains to attend.
The meetings are setup so that we can discuss any issues that may arise and isolate any issues. We vote on any new rules which we may think need updating, deleting, or adding. We also help clarify any rules which may be misleading. A representative must be there per team and must sign-in or the team will be deducted points accordingly.
Registration fees are $35 per team per season.
Membership fees are $15 per season.
$5 per member’s fee go to an administration account which is used by the administrator to cover unforeseen expenditures at his discretion.
The remaining fees go toward logistical costs such as season starter kits, coins, pins, trophies, plaques and an “End of the Season” banquet. The banquet consist of drinks, food, door prizes, raffle prizes, and includes the prize money for the singles tournament.